Here are some precautionary tips on how to prevent the outbreak of the deadly ebola virus.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soup and clean water (wash between your fingers and up to your wrist). Use a good hand sanitizer often, Avoid unnecessary contact.
2. Avoid bush meat and suya as they may be carrying the virus. It’s better to restrict yourself to food you prepared yourself.
3. Clean up. The virus cannot survive disinfectants, heat, direct sunlight, detergents and soaps.
4. Report any suspicious symptoms in yourself or anyone else immediately you notice them to 08023169485, 08033086660
5. Avoid close contact with people who are sick and ensure that objects used by the sick are decontaminated and properly disposed.
6. Educate your neighbors, colleagues, family members and domestic staff. You are safer when everyone is aware.
7. (For health workers) Be at alert and ensure you wear personal protective equipment as well as observed universal basic precautions when attending to suspected or confirmed cases. Report same to your Local Government Area or Ministry of Health immediately.
ADD starmuzics on BBM: 25C4F1B2
Follow on twitter: @sambob01